Why Regent University?

Simply put – God called me here. When my wife and I were still dating in 2005, I worked at a place I loved, lived near friends and family in Ohio, and I was all set to go to another university on a full-ride scholarship. Yet, there was a sense of unrest – God was whispering and I listened... In a matter of two months, we quit our jobs, got married and moved here to get a degree at Regent. There is no question that Regent was the right choice.

Why Online Learning?

As a direct result of earning a Christian education, I have a better grasp of my roles as a Christian, a husband, a lifelong learner, a friend, a follower, and a leader. Moreover, earning a degree is a very fulfilling yet difficult experience. I can’t imagine earning it without the support and encouragement of dedicated Christian faculty and the freedom (and expectation) to grapple with spiritual challenges in the context of the classroom.

Why A Business Degree?

Leadership is interesting, relevant and applicable. Leadership is everywhere but it is not understood by many people. Also, there is a critical need for good leadership everywhere. Last, leadership is essential influence, and without influence, one cannot change the world. The real question is, “Why not a leadership degree?”

Alumnus

Thank You

http://www.jacquielawson.com/viewcard.asp?code=1545489532

The above link was posted to the TheBranch, and I just wanted to make a comment:

I have never served in the military. In fact, in my own young ignorance, I had a somewhat negative view of the military. My father served in the Navy during Vietnam, but he never talked about it. I don't think he "saw any action" per se, but nonetheless, I grew up in the post Vietnam culture, which unfortunately did not respect the military as it had done in the prior decades.

Today, I have a different view. While I do not necessarily agree or disagree with war in Iraq or the "War on Terror," I do stand behind the men and women who have sacrificed their daily comfort and safety for mine. After graduation, many asked, "What next?" It was at that point that I realized I had the choice to contemplate "What next?" For some, their next steps are dictated by the level of engagement in lands thousands of miles away. For me, I have a choice.

I have family and friends in the military. I am grateful that they are willing to put their lives on hold and on the line so that I can continue with mine. This notion places a deserving importance on the decision making process involving "What next?". While I will not argue theology here, I believe that God has provided us with the widsom as well as the responsibility to choose within his moral will, and that He will support and guide us as He always has and will continue to do.

In sum, indecision or decision by default is a terrible way to utilize our God-given and soldier-secured right to choose. In the end, our lives are the result of a series of decisions. While most of our decisions happen quite regularly and easily, major decision require (usually) a bit more thought. Who we will marry, where or if we will get our education, and whether or not we will choose to accept Christ are among the most impactful. If you are in a place of making major decisions, take your time to make a good decision, but also remember the sacrifice, privelage and responsibility you have.

0 comments: