Why Regent University?

Simply put – God called me here. When my wife and I were still dating in 2005, I worked at a place I loved, lived near friends and family in Ohio, and I was all set to go to another university on a full-ride scholarship. Yet, there was a sense of unrest – God was whispering and I listened... In a matter of two months, we quit our jobs, got married and moved here to get a degree at Regent. There is no question that Regent was the right choice.

Why Online Learning?

As a direct result of earning a Christian education, I have a better grasp of my roles as a Christian, a husband, a lifelong learner, a friend, a follower, and a leader. Moreover, earning a degree is a very fulfilling yet difficult experience. I can’t imagine earning it without the support and encouragement of dedicated Christian faculty and the freedom (and expectation) to grapple with spiritual challenges in the context of the classroom.

Why A Business Degree?

Leadership is interesting, relevant and applicable. Leadership is everywhere but it is not understood by many people. Also, there is a critical need for good leadership everywhere. Last, leadership is essential influence, and without influence, one cannot change the world. The real question is, “Why not a leadership degree?”

Alumnus

Heaven's Grocery Store


Some people do not like to go to the grocery store. It can be time consuming and a hassle. However, there is a grocery store at which you may like to shop. Read below...


I was walking down life's highway a long time ago,

One day I saw a sign that read, Heaven's Grocery Store.

As I got a little closer the door came open wide,

And when I came to myself, I was standing inside.


I saw a host of angels, they were standing everywhere.

One handed me a basket and said, My child, shop with care.

Everything a Christian needed, was in that Grocery Store.

And all you couldn't carry, you could come back the next day for more.


First, I got some Patience, Love was in the same row.

Further down was Understanding, you need that everywhere you go.

I got a box or two of Wisdom, a bag or two of Faith.

I just couldn't miss the Holy Ghost, for it was all over the place.


I stopped to get some Strength and Courage to help me run the race.

By then my basket was getting full, but I remembered I needed some Grace.

I didn't forget Salvation, for Salvation that was free.

So, I tried to get enough of that to save both you and me.


Then I started to the counter to pay my Grocery Bill.

For I thought I had everything to do my Master's Will.

As I went up the aisle, I saw Prayer and I just had to put that in,

For I knew when I stepped outside, I would run right into sin.


Peace and Joy were plentiful, they were on the last shelf.

Song and Praises were hanging near, so I just helped myself.

Then I said to the Angel, now how much do I owe?

He just smiled and said, just take them everywhere you go.


Again I smiled at him and said, "How much, now do I really owe?"

He smiled again and said, "My child, Jesus paid your bill a long time ago."
_________________


Boy, someone took a great deal of time to think this one out! Some of you may recognize this from one of "those" emails that are sent around, so quite obviously, this is not a Kyle original.


This is the kind of story I hope to share with my children someday. Although it is written simplistically enough for a child to enjoy, there is a great deal of meaning behind this that adults can enjoy, too. I hope this little tidbit has blessed you.

0 comments: