Why Regent University?

Simply put – God called me here. When my wife and I were still dating in 2005, I worked at a place I loved, lived near friends and family in Ohio, and I was all set to go to another university on a full-ride scholarship. Yet, there was a sense of unrest – God was whispering and I listened... In a matter of two months, we quit our jobs, got married and moved here to get a degree at Regent. There is no question that Regent was the right choice.

Why Online Learning?

As a direct result of earning a Christian education, I have a better grasp of my roles as a Christian, a husband, a lifelong learner, a friend, a follower, and a leader. Moreover, earning a degree is a very fulfilling yet difficult experience. I can’t imagine earning it without the support and encouragement of dedicated Christian faculty and the freedom (and expectation) to grapple with spiritual challenges in the context of the classroom.

Why A Business Degree?

Leadership is interesting, relevant and applicable. Leadership is everywhere but it is not understood by many people. Also, there is a critical need for good leadership everywhere. Last, leadership is essential influence, and without influence, one cannot change the world. The real question is, “Why not a leadership degree?”

Alumnus

Blast from the Past

I once did a marketing report on Coca-Cola, a beloved beverage from my youth that has remained the most consistent (earthly) fixture in my life since. Coca-Cola was famous for associating a sense of altruism to their product. The famous "Hilltop" commercial is one of these efforts. This commercial has become one of the most memorable commercials in television history. Lyrics are below the video:



The “Hilltop” Commercial Lyrics

I’d like to buy the world a home and furnish it with love,
Grow apple trees and honey bees and snow white turtle doves.

I’d like to teach the world to sign, in perfect harmony,
I’d like to buy the world a Coke and keep it company.

It’s the real thing…. What the world wants today

I’d like to teach the world to sign, in perfect harmony,
I’d like to buy the world a Coke and keep it company.

It’s the real thing…. What the world wants today

1 comments:

Unknown said...

You can't grow honey bees and snow white turtle doves though. But I guess the impossible is possible with Coke and that's the point of the song and commercial. Well if you ever get overwhelmed with a feeling of altruism I am always in the mood for a coke and some lunch, no matter what time it is. I'm also just down the hall.